Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Monstrosity is Done


Hurray!! I finally finished this blanket Saturday evening. I can't believe it's done. 

What: 
  • granny squares in purple, red and cream with dark grey border
  • 225 squares in total - 16 squares by 14 squares
  • started in September 2012 - finished January 2013

Why:
  • wanted a blanket that covered my entire bed
  • had some yarn leftovers to use up
  • like to keep my hands busy
  • making granny squares is one of my favorite crocheted things to do

Observations:
     I feel like I put blood, sweat and tears into this blanket - if only metaphorically. It feels like the end of an era now. Not sure what my next project will be, crochet-wise, but I have a few ideas. Stay tuned.

What projects are you finishing?

No comments:

Post a Comment